You are in:
Association starts work on EU Framework 7 Project FREESIC.
FREESIC aims to enhance interoperability, in routine and major event operations, between civil protection agencies and emergency services, both from a technical and non-technical perspective. The project commenced in February this year and is scheduled to run for 30 months.
B-APCO is one of nine organisations involved in this initiative; the other partners being:
- Ardaco; a technology SME based in Bratislava and overall project co-ordinator
- The University of Luxembourg (Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust)
- The National Security Authority of Slovak Republic responsible for protection of classified information, encryption services etc
- ITTI; A Polish consultancy company specialising in consulting and applied research in telecommunications
- Nextel; a Spanish telematic engineering company with an expertise in security solutions.
- Centre de Communications du Gouvernement, Luxembourg – chair of the national committee on telecommunications
- World Consult; a joint stock company established from Bratislava, Slovakia. It specialises communication systems, devices and procedures
- Pramacom Prague; a company from the Czech Republic that specialises in radio communications.
B-APCO has a key role as one of the user representatives in leading the project’s foundation work-package that is looking at requirements; this involves identifying and understanding the processes and procedures, culture, funding, policy, security and host of related issues that all hinder interoperability between agencies. This exercise is being undertaken across several EU states including the UK.
Subsequent work-packages will propose solutions, both of a technical and non- technical nature, to enhance multi-agency interoperability and effectiveness leading to greater public safety.
For further information please contact:
Shaun O’Neill B-APCO European Projects Manager
M: +44 7785 925 450